Unique Student Identifier - USI requirements
From 1st January 2015, it is now a Legal Requirement that all students are required to have a USI (Unique Student Identifier) number for all studies.
Applying for a USI is free and will remain with you for life.
Benefits to you as a student:
- The USI will link information about your VET achievements regardless of where you studied
- Enable easier access to secure digital transcripts of your achievements
- Give you more access to, and more control over your educational information
- Easier for you to find, collate and authenticate your VET achievements into a single transcript
- Ensure your records are not lost
Please note that if you do not supply your Training Organisation (Outdoor Training College) with your USI number, the training organisation cannot legally issue you with your Statement of Attainment or Qualification Certificate.
By supplying your USI, you authorise this Registered Training Organisation to access the government USI site to verify the Unique Student Identifier code and to access information about courses I have already undertaken.
Instruction on how to obtain a USI (Unique Student Identifier)
Please make sure you have one form of ID from the list below ready.
Examples of acceptable forms of ID:
- Driver's Licence
- Medicare Card
- Australian Passport
- Visa (with Non-Australian Passport) for international students
- Birth Certificate (Australian) *please note a Birth Certificate extract is not sufficient
- Certificate Of Registration By Descent
- Citizenship Certificate
Log on to www.usi.gov.au and press "Create a USI"